Full ECWS Sleep System - 2nd Grade for £35

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
it says in the info good for -30f(

The rating is a military survival one and actually for only 4 hours sleep at -30F when used in conjunction with all the appropriate elements of the ECWS clothing as well all 3 parts of the sleep system. They are a good bag, and I was looking at them myself before I bought my own but they just were not big enough for me as I'm 6'5'' and could'nt find an extra long, but you need to read the whole blurb on the rating.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The rating is a military survival one and actually for only 4 hours sleep at -30F when used in conjunction with all the appropriate elements of the ECWS clothing as well all 3 parts of the sleep system. They are a good bag, and I was looking at them myself before I bought my own but they just were not big enough for me as I'm 6'5'' and could'nt find an extra long, but you need to read the whole blurb on the rating.

Yep. Sorta anyway. It's a combat sleep rating rather than a survival one. Unfortunately the system is too bulky and too heavy to go into a proper aircrew survival kit.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've tried one (not from this seller) and they are well made but a tad 'tight' all round for me but you can get longer versions so it may be worth asking the seller if he has any.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The Czech army bag isn't any good on its own during the winter, simply not warm enough. I would get another one of these in a flash, yes its big and heavy but you wont find anything to better it for the price. I am 6' and 13.5st and it fits me a treat, was not aware that they did a longer one

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
The Czech army bag isn't any good on its own during the winter, simply not warm enough. I would get another one of these in a flash, yes its big and heavy but you wont find anything to better it for the price. I am 6' and 13.5st and it fits me a treat, was not aware that they did a longer one

So for £35 you may get a set-up that won't keep you warm because the insulation is hammered, weighs a bomb, takes up loads of space, smells of Amerkin squaddy farts and may leak like a sieve? I'll have two! I can highly recommend the Gore-tex cover and they can be had in excellent condition for £20-30. The Brit ones are good but a pain in the rear end to get in and out of compared with the US version.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE