Fuji S9500 bridge camera

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 17, 2008
Hampshire
I'm selling my Fuji S9500 digital camera. It was purchased as a backup for my first DSLR. Though I think it's a fantastic camera, I don't take as many photos as I used to, and SWMBO has decided that 2 DSLRs and 5 compacts are enough cameras (why does this logic not apply to shoes and handbags?:rolleyes:), so this one has to go.

Apologies for the horribly over-exposed pics - but they are of the actual camera!

P1010039.jpg

The S9500 looks like a small DSLR (when compared to the DSLRs I own - a Nikon D100 and a Fuji S3-Pro). It has an electronic viewfinder as well as a screen, and the lens is permanently attached. The lens is a versatile 28-300mm equivalent; being fixed means no dust on the CCD, important when outdoors. One of the best features is that the zoom is manual - just twist the lens collar, as on an SLR.

P1010041.jpg

There's a pop-up flash, and a hot shoe so an external flash can also be used. The LCD screen is hinged, and can be angled - very useful if taking shots at waist level or with the camera close to the ground.

P1010042.jpg

The camera takes CompactFlash and Fuji's own XD memory cards; you can have both installed at the same time. It's powered by 4 x AA batteries.

There are several reviews online, such as this one.

It's a really nice camera to use; it fits the hands well, and feels solid. As usual with Fuji, the images have excellent colour saturation.

Specs:

9 megapixels

10.7 optical zoom

Selectable output resolution

ISO: Auto/80/100/200/400/800/1600

Flash: Auto, Red-eye Reduction, Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Slow Synchro., Red-eye Reduction + Slow Synchro

Modes: Programmed AE, Aperture priority, Shutter priority, Manual, Portrait, Landscape, Anti-blur, Natural light

Metering: TTL 256-zone metering Multi, Spot, Average

Recording modes: JPEG and RAW

Weight: 645g

Macro focus: 1cm

White balance: Automatic, Fine, Shade, Fluorescent 1/2/3, Incandescent, Custom (2 types)

There are lots of aftermarket bits available for this camera - filters, wide angle and fisheye adaptors etc.

In summary, probably the next best thing to a DSLR - easy to set up and use, but with plenty of options for those who like to play.

The camera is in excellent condition - I look after my kit. I no longer have the box for this; it will be securely packaged and comes with the original instruction manual and computer lead.

£130 inclusive of Paypal and Special Delivery, please.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE