Fuel for whisperlite, any ideas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm messing with you Rik ;)

You love the soul of "proper" stoves. Its as cool as hell. Man you know stuff about stoves and lanterns I can't bring myself to imagine. I'm not above "tapping in" to that knowledge" either.

But its all a game of "let's pretend" really, Loving axes (as I do)...or ventile... or knives..or ....whatever.....is all part of the same thing really. To be fair you must acknowledge there are cheaper ways of cooking when camping than your many, many old stoves. But you love them. Thats very cool. But others love other aspects - clothes, sharps, whatever, Thats just as cool (cost not withstanding)

Red

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Wood is cheaper, its free most times:)

About four week ends ago I did a trip and cooked only on stoves, first time in ages; had a wood fire in a drum (all that was allowed on the site) at night and both were good. My many stoves are now shrinking, I need the room, and my hunger to collect has gone. I've recently sold a good few both here and on other forums to interested parties. Stoves are like many other hobbies, only king for a day often. A mate of mine has decided to sell off his collection, his rational is "What will happen to them when I'm gone" skip? eBay by family members who don't know what they have? He's a third way through the process and has raised over £5K to date. An exceptional collector with a far greater depth of knowledge and range of stoves than I and a true gentleman. That said, and with less to sell, I feel much the same as him, so my lad has picked out a dozen or so stoves he fancies, I have my own list, and the rest can go. The sales will fund my new radio ham hobby all being well.

I am looking forward to rigging up the fire grill I received from Jerbal, making a small stove based cooking range or fire range when allowed, should be fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE