Fuel for msr

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rob_Beek

Forager
Dec 19, 2009
Crewe
it burns white gas, kerosene, and unleaded auto fuel.

But i think you knew that already and just wanted to show off your new stove, which i like.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
White gas is a common name for two flammable substances. In its most common modern usage, it is used as a generic name for camp stove and lantern fuel, usually naphtha.[1]
White gasoline, also called white gas can also be a name for pure gasoline, without additives. This was commonly used when leaded gas was normal, to prevent fouling in situations where the properties of the tetraethyl lead additive were not required.[2]
So called "white" gas was clear, as opposed to "regular" octane which had orange dye added for identification, or hi-test "ethyl" which had purple dye added.

That's according to Wikipedia. :D

PS: Have i called you a git yet?

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
White gas is a common name for two flammable substances. In its most common modern usage, it is used as a generic name for camp stove and lantern fuel, usually naphtha.[1]
White gasoline, also called white gas can also be a name for pure gasoline, without additives. This was commonly used when leaded gas was normal, to prevent fouling in situations where the properties of the tetraethyl lead additive were not required.[2]
So called "white" gas was clear, as opposed to "regular" octane which had orange dye added for identification, or hi-test "ethyl" which had purple dye added.

That's according to Wikipedia. :D

PS: Have i called you a git yet?
:lmao:thanks for the info Nat :)a git ?:lmao:yes about eight times :lmao::lmao:;)

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
:lmao:thanks for the info Nat :)a git ?:lmao:yes about eight times :lmao::lmao:;)

Ah thought so, well you are a git :lmao:

Nice stove Phil, you shouldn't need owt else, good stable base. Of course with any liquid/gas fueled stove you still have to carry the fuel with you although if you ever break down and it's in the car, you can syphon off your petrol to make a brew :lmao:

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Ah thought so, well you are a git :lmao:

Nice stove Phil, you shouldn't need owt else, good stable base. Of course with any liquid/gas fueled stove you still have to carry the fuel with you although if you ever break down and it's in the car, you can syphon off your petrol to make a brew :lmao:
:lmao:now theres an idear :D:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE