FS: Lightweight Down Hammock Under quilt/blanket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
Construction is brown ripstop nylon. Brown gutterman 100% polyester thread. 220g of 800 fill goose down (no feathers). Black grosgrain suspension points inc additional side pts for use with asymmetric hammocks.

This is a 3/4 quilt. Size approx = 108cm and 130cm long

Total weight 480g. Packs to the size of a melon. £55 posted

web.jpg

My mate has seen active service in Afghanistan and uses a hennessy hammock. He's been using one of my 1st hammock quilts for some time. The one I have for sale is one of three that I have made over the last few days. Two will be off to Helmand provence shortly. He wanted a lightweight quilt that was also tough, packed small and was not green or black. The brown is not quite coyote brown but is close. Its a little richer, my mate reckons it will be spot on for the terrain. The pics have been taken indoors with a flash and make the quilt look much more orange than it does in natural light.

web.jpg

This shot was taken outside with natural light.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I have also sewn the quilt so that it curves very slightly. I have a similar curved setup that works well for diagonal and side sleepers alike whilst still being good for those that sleep straight down the centre of the hammock.

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
One above is now sold and will shortly be on its way over the border to sunny Scotland.

I did decide to make another last night. The new one is approx 125cm by 108cm. So ever so slightly shorter than the one above.

Same colour, same amount of down etc.

£50 posted

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
I have one more brown quilt for sale, its sewn up and ready to be filled (down arriving early next week). It's the last of the brown fabric. Spec as above. Size is approx 130 cm by 108cm special £50 posted. i also have a full teal pertex microlight UQ ready to be filled. Same spec. £55 posted

Muddyhands

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Wiltshire
Dito as Fredcompanybushcraft if you can hang onto the end of the month. It's just what I have been looking for to go in my Hennessy.

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
No problem. The down will be here near the end of next week and I have another batch of brown ripstop on the way. That'll be enough for 4 in total. I have had 6 enquiries so far. After this batch I will be having another sewing break.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE