Fry-up Anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Chuffed with the car boot sale bargain I picked up today!
image.jpg

It was covered in decades of rust and burnt-on grease, but an hour's hard work with a few sheets of wet & dry and I have ended up with a decent iron campfire frying pan. You wouldn't want to carry it far - it's 20" across and weighs a hefty 14lb.

Not bad for £3!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nice pan for a great price but I don't think it's cast iron as it's very thin on edge and riveted handle.

I've got one similar design and it's spun sheet steel. They season up nicely though :)

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Nice pan for a great price but I don't think it's cast iron as it's very thin on edge and riveted handle.

I've got one similar design and it's spun sheet steel. They season up nicely though :)

Yes - you are probably right. Still good & solid though! Should do a good few slices of bacon in one go:eek:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Snap :)

Good pans.

DSC00257_zpsf7bec442.jpg

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
Great score, I love trawling car boots too.:cool:

I was actually looking for some decent axe heads when I saw the pan. My wife thought I was crazy (as usual!) when I bought the rusty old thing, but even she has had to admit that it cleaned up well.

I was strangely drawn to a didgeridoo too as I've always fancied learning how to play one of those, but I resisted. TBH I regret not getting it now - perhaps it will be there again next week......

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
It is indeed a "Black Iron" pan, they're great on a campfire, nice even heat. I think just the steel has gotta be worth £3, that was an awesome find !!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE