Frozen boots after sleeping outdoors during a cold night

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Frozen boots ... Another tip I was given is pouring a tiny bit of meths into the boots and lighting it-just enough to warm them but not too much to have a boot fire.

:rofl:

How about pouring in the meths but NOT lighting it? Some people call it 'anti-freeze'. :)

Dunx

Apr 8, 2013
West Wales
Have heard of people sticking a couple of hand warmers in the boots ... either disposable or tge reusable ones (boil thrm to recharge)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Berghaus Yeti Gaiters that cover the whole boot will keep them dry...and sealskinz boot socks will keep your feet dry and warm...I used to knock all the snow off the soles.. dab them dry..throw some talc in..bang them a bit to cover the inside of the boot then shake out the excess..then shove my boots between my bivi bag and my sleeping bag (never used a hammock..just a rollmat)..5 winters in Norway and never had frozen boots...happy days!:)

Lefteris

May 22, 2012
Finland
Greg,
using talc to get rid of the moister sounds a great idea!!!
I think I would also use it in my socks before I start the hiking, so I can shake them at the end to get rid some of the moisture away.
:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE