Frosty sunday morning

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Thank you Wayland, he has obviously missed the fact that I praised his picture and my other comments were about the general use of Photoshop and a discussion with you and Cobweb and not aimed at him.

His private response to me is...

You are not the only one to lose friends in battle, I lost mates in Ireland, the faulklands the first gulf conflict, and peacekeeping, I also had people killed in my work, one suicide in front of my eyes, I'm not using it as an excuse to be rude in a thread that has nothing to do with any form of conflict. All I wanted was constructive opinions and a small amount of help, something everyone else seems to have understood.
I would have loved to have spent my working life learning the skills you claim/profess to have, but I couldn't, I do not expect you to demean my effort, making it out as an attempt to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

I will put it down to poor communication in deed. But unless you have something positive to add in that thread I’ll ask you to keep your negative opinions and demeaning attitude to yourself.

You did spend your working life learning skills you claim/profess to have – different skills to mine – and I am sure in a different thread if I was to diminish your experiences whilst I was working you would find it equally as insulting, but I didn’t, you did.

And “I do not expect you to demean my effort, making it out as an attempt to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.” – I didn’t re read.

And “I will put it down to poor communication in deed. But unless you have something positive to add in that thread I’ll ask you to keep your negative opinions and demeaning attitude to yourself.” – hmm, I suggest you follow your own advise.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
No matter how much time I spend on internet forums it never ceases to amaze me what people will get worked up over. :rolleyes:

Having read through this thread several times; from the perspective of an outsider, not to mention someone with minimal photographic skills; I couldn't see anything to get upset over until Tadpole made his jibe about working for a living. To me that seemed uncalled for and was soley responsible for things getting heated.

Tadpole, if you post something asking for people to share an opinion you cannot completely expect that you will only get praise or that you will like everything you hear. In this case I don't believe anyone was being particularly critical, but you chose to misinterpret was was said and take it all as personal critisism. To me it read as a general conversation on the merits of post processing, nothing aimed at you.

With PMs it is usually accepted that such things remain private and we would prefer that their contents not be posted back onto the forums. However, there is no rule to say that it cannot be done and you should therefore consider it a possibility when choosing your words.

I have removed one post, lets just pretend that it was sent to the Moderators instead.
Swearing at people via PM isn't acceptable.

Tadpole, since you started the thread I will give you the option of requesting it to be locked. If not, I am happy to let it carry on provided that everyone cools off.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Thank you for your calming words, I’m sure Tadpole didn’t mean his comments to be so insulting to me, I apologise if I over reacted Tadpole – I’m a little raw as next week it will be 20 years since I was in Lockerbie doing what I did – it’s bringing back allsorts of stuff I thought I’d put away. But I think if I’d said the same thing about your life you would have had the same reaction. Lets forget it all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE