Frosts mora / clipper - possible group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
[size=+1]
Having looked into this, I have failed to get a price which would make a group buy worth the effort without the numbers running into the hundreds. As a result the buy will not run. :( sorry to those who expressed an interest[/size]

Hi all...

I was trawling around the net looking at the Frosts range when I came across a company reasonably local to me called Attleborough Accessories who were doing 5 clippers at a reduced rate.

I tentatively got in touch to see what sort of price they might do on a volume sale as I know that these are very popular 'users'.

They've suggested I go in to see them to discuss it face to face and to see how many of which knife we might want.

So what I'd like to do is test the water here and see if people might be interested and if so which knife / knives would be the most popular.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
have you an idea of timescales? - I am after some red handled ones but need them before the 13th of Feb :rolleyes:

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
have you an idea of timescales? - I am after some red handled ones but need them before the 13th of Feb :rolleyes:

Bit early to tell - but that sounds possible.

Which did you mean?

This one
FROSTS&

or this one
840%20High%20FRiction%20Grip.jpg

there's also the orange ones
110018_mora.jpg

and how many might you want - there's no commitment at this stage. :)

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
I take it we're talking clippers only, no mixing wooden handled?

Would be interested in a price, but couldn't say without...

PS: Sorry, just looked and saw that they dont do the wooden handled ones - my apologies! Still interested in price though!

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
That's a promising ten or so already and it seems that the stainless clipper is most popular so far.

I've just looked on their website and they are currently offering 15% off until the end of Jan.
Even if I just ordered from the website without any special BCUK offer that would bring the pack of 5 price down from £42.09 to £35.77 = £7.15 + p&p per knife

The 5 pack offer is on Stainless Clippers with blue handles, like this:

f860.jpg

g4ghb: I should have checked their website - the only high vis knife they do is this one. Would it still be OK for you?
F860F.jpg

*edit* D'oh!
I really should have checked their website - they don't even carry the Mora and they only do the Clipper in Stainless - either with the blue handle or in the orange as per pics. There's also a gutting knife, a butcher's knife and some carving knives we could consider. Have a look at their website.

If this changes what people might want then please let me know. (should have done my homework better - sorry)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE