Frontier Stove

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Just thought I'd share my pleasure at recieving my new Frontier Stove, bought on offer via Buscraft magazine offer!! For £120 (or £129.00 + £7.99 postage off the website) the offer lasts till 28th Feb so be quick!!!

Its a lot lighter than I imagined, but still feels like a quality built item (wont fit in your rucksac thou :D) and comes complete with 5 section chimney which is at least 6' tall and the sections fit back inside the stove for carry. One section has a built in damper as well.

Lots of room on the flat top plate and can be fed via the front opening door or top hatch. It's just what I've been looking for as the meet ups I've been to don't allow fires on the ground.

Have a look at the site:

http://www.campingsolutions.co.uk/campingsolutionsfrontierstove.html

(A second hand one just went for £170 plus postage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on e-bay )

:D

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I have recently bought one too and am very happy with it. here it is in action....

Image0245.jpg

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
They weigh around 10 kilos so they are quite portable. The chimney sections all fit into the belly of the stove and there is a carry handle to make life easier.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Although these stoves aren't exactly light weight, their* use does mean that fire scars can be minimised ~ and as ground fires leave hollows, raised fires actually increase the amount of pitches in an area. They're also more economical on fuel :approve: ~ but 'dirty wood' can cause issues with tar build up in the flue :yuck: .

* And the use of raised and contained fires in general.

That's nice, i've seen one silimar at Rough Close i think.

Mine ;)

Sort of similar ~ mine has four legs and doesn't have a flat plate.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Keep the door open and the tv returns

true... but its a very singular direction. and as we found in the teepee it doesn't really throw that much light. Its a great stove and provides great warmth and cooking facilities, and i love the fact that the smoke is directed well above folks heads, but it does lack the romance and light of an open fire - even one in an open topped firebox.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
true... but its a very singular direction. and as we found in the teepee it doesn't really throw that much light. Its a great stove and provides great warmth and cooking facilities, and i love the fact that the smoke is directed well above folks heads, but it does lack the romance and light of an open fire - even one in an open topped firebox.
I agree, an open fire is best but i tried all kinds of set ups to get one to work well in my tipi but always ended up with too much smoke inside. The stove solved that problem.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE