Friction folder with budd blade

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Finally got around to making a handle for the budd blade I bought a while ago.
I had a nice bit if horn I thought I'd try out as I've never really used it. Made plenty of mistakes and it's full of errors, but I learned a few lessons and it's comfortable to handle so I'm sure it will get plenty of use

bcde0dcaa2a080e3dc62dba1e2e149bc.jpg
e1367245492a74108d1ead68f0ae061a.jpg
12d57f142259338130ea3d662c8bdd75.jpg
df3ec52da71f15853b3d99aaf536f768.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Looks like a stunner. I canne see anything wrong with it.
Infact its near the perfect pocket knife,

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
shouldn't be a problem t all. I've never had much luck with the wooden handled folders in my pocket due to moisture changes causing them to loosen or tighten, so have always used bolts on the pivot to get around it. The liners are often a good idea with slightly weak materials like some woods and iffy bits of horn (yours looks good though).

Dreadhead

shouldn't be a problem t all. I've never had much luck with the wooden handled folders in my pocket due to moisture changes causing them to loosen or tighten, so have always used bolts on the pivot to get around it. The liners are often a good idea with slightly weak materials like some woods and iffy bits of horn (yours looks good though).

aye the wooden one i have does tighten up a wee bit with moisture but it's not too bad, though i doubt it will get used much now I have this one made ;)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Looks lush mate! Good choice of materials too, goes well with the handsome blade.

Quite being modest and show that pocket sheath too! ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE