free leather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waddcal

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2008
Solihull
well, only samples!
not sure if they are any good for anything.

Link has been removed due to unforeseen affects

they usually come in 2-3 days.

Enjoy :)

Callum.

wasteoid

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
uxbridge
I've posted this before, but here it is again.

I go down to DFS now and again, and ask if they have any of their "swatch books" from last season?

Generally they are only to eager for you to take them away. Last time I got a bin bag full of books. There were some HORRID colours in there, but there were also LOADS of good bushcrafty colours and the pieces are around a foot square so really usefull for making pouches.

Chris

D

DrSin

Ordered mine to, if they are about 5 x 10 perfect size for making slings.

waddcal

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2008
Solihull
I've posted this before, but here it is again.

I go down to DFS now and again, and ask if they have any of their "swatch books" from last season?

Generally they are only to eager for you to take them away. Last time I got a bin bag full of books. There were some HORRID colours in there, but there were also LOADS of good bushcrafty colours and the pieces are around a foot square so really usefull for making pouches.

Chris

good idea, will try that :)

Callum.

M

merrylegs

I use to do this to save on money during my textile course - john lewis/laura ashley anywehere that has sample books - get some right posh leathers/fabrics - ideal for experimenting with....you can even push it and write to embroidery companys and ask for natural threads and yarns - to practice your weaving plaiting - even go into second hand shops - and ask if they have any rag prices - they normally have some good old leather/sheepskin or fur coats out in the back that they cant shift and will sell these at rag prices - by weight - ive got a fur coat before for 50p! bargain!!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Got mine!
Now for some firesteel pouches!
I used to send off for silk swatches from Hong Kong - originally the swatches were about 20x20cm and were useful, but the suppliers got wise and reduced the swatches to 5x5cm!
I still managed to make a couple of patchwork cushion covers though!

waddcal

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2008
Solihull
i think that saxon leather have realised why they were getting so many sample requests, i have just recieved this email!

Dear Mr Waddell

Thank you for your recent leather sample request.

We have recently received an unprecedented demand for our leather samples. We have discovered that the increase in demand has arisen from a number of websites suggesting that people request our leather samples for their own personal use, rather than for the intended purpose of allowing our genuine customers to choose between the various colours we offer.

As a result of these bogus enquiries we are sending an email to everyone that has requested a sample to ask them to kindly reply to confirm that their sample request is genuine. As soon as we receive your reply we will send your samples straightaway.

This situation is very unfortunate and we would like to offer our sincere apologies to our genuine enquirers for any inconvenience this causes.

Thank you for your co-operation.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards
Louise Stansfield
Office Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE