The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company.PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Truely inspiring, it just shows what we can achieve in a lifetime. Even facing near total disaster from forest fires. Your heart and love for that life, still shone through. May your life blossom and you go on to find more beauty threw those coming years. You have my respect for sure.
Didicoy... Your comment means the world to me. Yeah, the fires were a big deal. I am glad I was able to experience it unscathed. Thanks
Jaffcat... there's always tomorrow for those chores.
Thanks to everybody else that downloaded it. My apologies to anybody who had trouble downloading it. Technology is great when it works. Thanks for sticking it out and getting the download. Ron
Thank you for providing this for free Ron.
Your video was fantastic , I remember seeing it a few months ago , it will be interesting to read your thoughts on all those adventures...
Especially when you were out on that boat watching those fires within metres of your "dream".
Thanks Leshy. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. It was sure a bear to make.
That video will give you a real good idea of book content. The book will now make that video come to life. I look forward to further banter with all book readers.
Bit of a late reply but downloaded at the weekend and started reading on my painfully slow train commute on the way home from work.
I am only a few chapters in right now but am already hooked and wanted to compliment you on your writing, you have no idea of the envy your capable of until you sit on a hot, sweaty communter train reading about someone living the dream!
Hammock Hamster... This was a wonderful way to start the day. Thank you for such a nice comment. I so much appreciate the feedback and am glad it makes that commute a little easier for you.
It's my hope the book serves as a confidence builder and a bit of inspiration for those who wish to contemplate a non-traditional life or at the very least, to follow whatever dream a person has in life. I wish you nothing but the best and hope you are able to follow your dreams. Please consider putting an Amazon review up for me and I hope you will write or PM me with further feedback or questions. Have a good day! Ron
Hi Ron, just bought the Kindle version and will start chapter one tonight when the other half is watching rubbish on the tv The intro was great so am looking forward to it
Hello Mikehill. Thank you for the support. I hope you enjoy it. I had a good chuckle at your rubbish TV comment. If it's any consolation, TV is no better over here.
To be fun, as your reading, let out a big "WOW" or "GEEZ" occasionally just to get the attention of the other half as she's watching TV. Then when she starts asking what's ya reading?, you can go, oh nothing much. Enjoy your weekend! Ron
Mikehill. You're zipping right along. I understand the situation. I don't want anybody hit on my account while the other half is watching her soaps. May I suggest waiting for a commercial?
Well Ron, I finished it ! Great read. Fascinating lives in a beautiful place. The fire crew cabinet is real quality and Johanna's quilts are excellent. Obviously we all hope you have many more great years in the wilderness, but do plan on returning to urban life in later life ? I wonder if I was in your situation whether I could bear to leave .... Also, do you have any pictures of the northern lights ? I never tire of looking at them
Redneck and Mike Hill,
So very glad to know you enjoyed the book. Thank you for the wonderful feedback. If you would care to do an amazon review, it would be treasured.
I do not have any northern light pictures that I have taken. I never had a camera that would do it justice. But I have a hand me down camera that might have a shot at it. I'll give it a try this winter.
It will be brutally difficult to leave the wilderness. As you have gathered, we're the adventurous type and there's one more adventure we have in us before we hit the checkout counter. We likely will start from scratch again to create an off-grid homestead on an isolated stretch of ocean front. Hopefully a property right on the ocean.
Thank you again for taking time to drop me some feedback. Ron
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.