Free Amazon Download: Off Grid and Free

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Truely inspiring, it just shows what we can achieve in a lifetime. Even facing near total disaster from forest fires. Your heart and love for that life, still shone through. May your life blossom and you go on to find more beauty threw those coming years. You have my respect for sure.

inthewilderness

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Canada
Didicoy... Your comment means the world to me. Yeah, the fires were a big deal. I am glad I was able to experience it unscathed. Thanks

Jaffcat... there's always tomorrow for those chores. :)

Thanks to everybody else that downloaded it. My apologies to anybody who had trouble downloading it. Technology is great when it works. Thanks for sticking it out and getting the download. Ron

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Thank you for providing this for free Ron.
Your video was fantastic , I remember seeing it a few months ago , it will be interesting to read your thoughts on all those adventures...
Especially when you were out on that boat watching those fires within metres of your "dream".

Thanks again

inthewilderness

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Canada
Thanks Leshy. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. It was sure a bear to make.

That video will give you a real good idea of book content. The book will now make that video come to life. I look forward to further banter with all book readers.

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Bit of a late reply but downloaded at the weekend and started reading on my painfully slow train commute on the way home from work.

I am only a few chapters in right now but am already hooked and wanted to compliment you on your writing, you have no idea of the envy your capable of until you sit on a hot, sweaty communter train reading about someone living the dream!

inthewilderness

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Canada
Hammock Hamster... This was a wonderful way to start the day. Thank you for such a nice comment. I so much appreciate the feedback and am glad it makes that commute a little easier for you.

It's my hope the book serves as a confidence builder and a bit of inspiration for those who wish to contemplate a non-traditional life or at the very least, to follow whatever dream a person has in life. I wish you nothing but the best and hope you are able to follow your dreams. Please consider putting an Amazon review up for me and I hope you will write or PM me with further feedback or questions. Have a good day! Ron

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Hi Ron, just bought the Kindle version and will start chapter one tonight when the other half is watching rubbish on the tv :rolleyes: The intro was great so am looking forward to it :)

inthewilderness

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Canada
Hello Mikehill. Thank you for the support. I hope you enjoy it. I had a good chuckle at your rubbish TV comment. If it's any consolation, TV is no better over here.

To be fun, as your reading, let out a big "WOW" or "GEEZ" occasionally just to get the attention of the other half as she's watching TV. Then when she starts asking what's ya reading?, you can go, oh nothing much. :) Enjoy your weekend! Ron

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Up to chapter 4 Ron, great reading ! If I make a noise while the soaps are on she will hit me ... it's just not worth it mate ;-)

inthewilderness

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Canada
Mikehill. You're zipping right along. I understand the situation. I don't want anybody hit on my account while the other half is watching her soaps. May I suggest waiting for a commercial? :)

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Well Ron, I finished it ! Great read. Fascinating lives in a beautiful place. The fire crew cabinet is real quality and Johanna's quilts are excellent. Obviously we all hope you have many more great years in the wilderness, but do plan on returning to urban life in later life ? I wonder if I was in your situation whether I could bear to leave .... :) Also, do you have any pictures of the northern lights ? I never tire of looking at them :)

inthewilderness

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Canada
Redneck and Mike Hill,
So very glad to know you enjoyed the book. Thank you for the wonderful feedback. If you would care to do an amazon review, it would be treasured.

I do not have any northern light pictures that I have taken. I never had a camera that would do it justice. But I have a hand me down camera that might have a shot at it. I'll give it a try this winter.

It will be brutally difficult to leave the wilderness. As you have gathered, we're the adventurous type and there's one more adventure we have in us before we hit the checkout counter. We likely will start from scratch again to create an off-grid homestead on an isolated stretch of ocean front. Hopefully a property right on the ocean.

Thank you again for taking time to drop me some feedback. Ron

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
I see ... can't blame anyone for getting away from the flies ;) Hope all goes well and keep us informed :) Will do an Amazon review now.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE