Free Amazon Download: Off Grid and Free

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

inthewilderness

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Canada
Hi to all,
Some of you are aware my wife and I are alone on a remote lake in the Canadian wilderness. I wrote a recent book of my life's experiences and I invite everybody to download the book this weekend for free. Saturday and Sunday, July 23 and 24. I'd be honored if any one cared to offer feedback or an Amazon review/rating. Thanks so much in advance. Ron

https://www.amazon.com/Off-Grid-Free-Path-Wilderness-ebook/dp/B01BB1ZXCG

Last edited:

Kitharode

Forager
May 16, 2016
Todmorden
Hi Ron. I've just ordered a paperback copy. Looking forward to it.

Being a bluegrass guitar picker myself, I wondered if you met any mountain music people on your Appalachian Trail hike, or did you avoid human contact? Guess I'll find out when the book arrives.

Best wishes to you both. Cheers, Kitharode.

inthewilderness

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Canada
I am in awe and truly humbled by the support. No words can thank you all. You collectively have made my day! Thank you!

I've lived a non-traditional life for the last 36 years. It's my fervent hope that the book gives others confidence , encouragement and inspiration to go after their dreams.

inthewilderness

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Canada
Kitharode... Thank you so much! I didn't intentionally try to avoid people when I hiked the Appalachian Trail but the trail was devoid of most people. I was only the second person I'm aware of at that time to successfully hike the AT in winter. I started in mid-January with my wife. I didn't meet any music players but I certainly met some nice people.

I made a video for my book that you might enjoy. It's broken into 4 segments. Homesteading in Maine, winter thru-hike of the AT, cross country bicycle trip, and life in the Canadian bush. I think the music is spectacular and is right up your alley. There's something about a hammer dulcimer. I hope your day goes well.

[video=youtube;6DgNHm9_h9M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DgNHm9_h9M[/video]

Last edited:

inthewilderness

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2013
Canada
You are more than welcome Mesquite! I would have been bummed out if you had missed it completely.

I am very grateful for all the support. The book made it up to number 22 in the broad category of non-fiction and number 2 in sports and outdoors today. And we still have Sunday to go.

I am always within email distance, instant message or post so I hope everybody feels free to reach out with comments and questions. I'll be happy to answer all.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Downloaded :D

Seems like a quiet evening read, otherwise i'll be tempted to skip around, but yeah looking forward to it thanks again

jaffcat

Nomad
Sep 26, 2012
Hertford
Ron, I've just downloaded your book.... thank you for the free copy. First impressions, bugger..... I think I'm going to be neglecting my chores to read it..... 😉

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Downloaded and keeping on hold for a week - perfect reading whilst chilling amongst the Western Isles of Scotland from next Friday!

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE