fraser christian

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
fraser was one of the highlights of the moot for me, he has a wide knowledge and is generous in sharing it. i missed the wild food forage around the site but went to his coastal forage talk and walk. his knowledge of survival, particularly but not excusively, around food is fascinating. i could have listened and learned for much longer.

my hammock now sports a fishing net underneath it which i started making at one of his talks, its in use for stowing things i need to keep dry but will always be to hand when im out camping to catch my supper one day!! i also made a seaweed risotto back at camp with sea lettuce, carragheen and spirulina which i gathered and dried after a coastal forage with him.

i loved his cooking stove systems, naturally harvested energy efficiency all the way, he uses woodgas burning principles and an oven technique i didnt fully understand. he digs them both into the earth so they are surrounded so as to prevent heat loss. i would love to learn to build and use them

thanks fraser :)

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
I really wished I had taken part in Frasers workshops. Didnt realise he was only on site for the one day :(
Coastal Forage is where my knowledge has the biggest gaps.

Hope he's back next year!!!

Ness :)

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
it was seaweed i was most interested in and basically his message was.. if its attached to rocks and is in between high and low water marks, its edible. that was pretty much it for the limpets too, we also found small crabs and periwinkles. there were also a few land plants on the shore that were edible.

watch out for his cookery book, he says its coming out at christmas but wouldnt divulge the title!!

if you are in the lyme regis area at the beginning of october....... http://www.wildforage.co.uk/ theres a coastal forage walk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE