France: the wild side

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Haggis

Nomad
We have many thousands of wolves and bears in Northern Minnesota, but our biggest worry are the ticks, mosquitoes, sand flies, black flies and no-see-ums in warm weather and the -40 weather in winter. Bears and wolves are a piece of cake,,,

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
Yes brother, the US of A has always stirred the imagination of us bushcrafters...

but I did not know they had bears in France, a country less than thirty miles over the channel!

That, is off the chart!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
great doc on BBC 2 now. Looks like a great place to explore if you can cope with bears and wolves :confused::(:confused:

Thanks for that, I will look out for it.

Most folks are surprised that France has some really wild parts, there are many marked multi-day hikes/walks through them all.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Now that area would make sense, I remember staying in south west area near forests and having some great walks and the odd night out!!!!

Sent from somewhere?

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
but I did not know they had bears in France, a country less than thirty miles over the channel!

That, is off the chart!

Where I am in Canterbury, large tracts of France are closer to me in terms of travel time, and cost of the train ticket than large sections of the UK. Perhaps I should add France to my trip wishlist...

That said, I would love to see Wolves reintroduced into the highlands...

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE