Fox & Pond

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
IMG_4556_zpszvfxw5re.jpg

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
They're good eating ?

Or did you kill it for fun ?

You may refer to it as "fun" but it's not the best word to describe what hunting with a rifle does for a certain void in my soul.

Note please how I do not seek to justify my action nor will I so if you were hoping for an argument I'm afraid you've picked on the wrong 58-year old Riflemen.

K

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I will say from experience foxes are certainly NOT good eating. Great pic though!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
You want to bring your skills our way - a fox has been decimating our chickens!
Nice shot (photo) and nice shot (bang type ) too:)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Very difficult to do well, sir. I'd like a fox pelt to step out onto when I get up in the mornings.

Here, I'd need to pay a royalty to both the gov't and to the licenced trapper within whose territory
I harvested the fox.
What about you?

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Very difficult to do well, sir. I'd like a fox pelt to step out onto when I get up in the mornings.

Here, I'd need to pay a royalty to both the gov't and to the licenced trapper within whose territory
I harvested the fox.
What about you?

You do not need a quarry licence to shoot fox in this Country or retain the pelt. Most landowners who keep livestock are only too pleased to have them shot. You still need the landowners permission to shoot on their land and your Firearms Certificate; that details those rifle calibres you are permitted to acquire, will also state what they may be used for and where. I'm fortune to have what is known as an "open" certificate and since 1980. This allows me to use them on any land I have the owner's prior consent.   Makes life a lot easier. 

When I shot this rude-of-health fox I was deerstalking but although I may have lessened my chances of encountering one or two fallow deer there was no way I was going to forgo the stalk and especially as it was one that had more in common with Highland terain than Lowland meadow.   Can't recall when last I crawled c50 yards on my belly for a shot of over 200 yards and from atop a frozen grassy knoll!!

K‎

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE