Four Dog Stove Pipe Sourcing Question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bearbait

I have had a Four Dog stove for some years. I've just got myself a Tentipi and want to use my stove in it but the stove pipe is not long enough. Four Dog Stoves do a "Tentipi 9" set of nesting stove pipes, with damper and pass through sleeve that are designed for the Tentipi and would be suitable. I've had a dialogue with Don at Four Dog Stoves but unfortunately he's no longer shipping stuff to Europe.

Any ideas where in the UK I may be able to get either a suitable stove pipe set or an extension, pass through sleeve, etc. to my existing stove pipe? (The diameter of the pipe at the stove is 5 inches / 127mm and tapers with each pipe section.) I'd like it collapsible, if at all poss., just like now.

Any thoughts?

Ta.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Pardon, did I understand you right?

Four dog stoves did send you the oven but doesn't send you the missing parts because they decided to stop selling to Europe???

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Yes, and now they don't want to serve the old clients or what?

That's as if Jaguar suddenly decides that they don't deliver wiper blades or brake linings to Germany anymore.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I would ask a trusty member of the American bushcraft forum to buy it for me and send it here.
Would I get the needed money in advance I would do that for a bushcraft mate. But, as you know, I sit in Berlin, not New York.

bearbait

Pardon, did I understand you right?

Four dog stoves did send you the oven but doesn't send you the missing parts because they decided to stop selling to Europe???

I bought the stove about a decade ago for an Arctic Oven tent when I was in Canada for large parts of each year. I shipped it back to the UK when I reestablished myself here full time(ish).

As nigelp says, there's loads of paperwork now to ship stuff to Britain and many cos. don't feel it worth the bother. Can you blame them for, perhaps, low orders / profit margins?

If I have no success sorting out the stove pipe here I may have to prevail upon my Canadian side of the family to help...

Reactions: Erbswurst

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Forgive my ignorance, but 5" is a standard stove flue pipe diameter - you can buy any number of lengths and shapes (different bends) and adaptors; is there no solution using standard piping?

For example:

bearbait

Thanks to all for your input.

I wasn't aware 5" was standard. I guess I was looking at equivalent portable camping wood burners that have lighter weight flues for portability, and they seem to have generally much smaller flue diameters than my stove.

I shall look further. Many thanks.

Reactions: bopdude

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE