Forging an awl video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I wonder what owl tastes like? You'd need a big one to get a decent amount of meat on there....

Just me?
Andy

Last edited:

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
I've thought about it... but the look in the owls eyes seems to say 'yeh, go on, i'd like to see you try' and i run away screaming....

nice awls and vid too by the way:p

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
It seems I'm having copyright issues with the audio tracks I'm using on all my videos. Which is :censored:

I've pulled the audio on the videos and clicked on random YouTube suggested audio that's acceptable. I've no idea what they sound like now so apologies if it's some techno rubbish. It may be a while before the audio is changed/ the video is back up.

Andy

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Fabulous little tool Andrew. Goes through 6mm vegtan like a knife through butter. I am very surprised the massive difference in quality between a LePrevo bog standard awl and yours mate.
If there are any leather crafters out thee that don't have one of Andrew's awls then get one :D Makes the job much easier!

Andrew, would it be possible to make one from thicker spring steel to enable the threading of say 1mm ties or niltex?

Excellent and thank you.
ATB
Craeg

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Fabulous little tool Andrew. Goes through 6mm vegtan like a knife through butter. I am very surprised the massive difference in quality between a LePrevo bog standard awl and yours mate.
If there are any leather crafters out thee that don't have one of Andrew's awls then get one :D Makes the job much easier!

Andrew, would it be possible to make one from thicker spring steel to enable the threading of say 1mm ties or niltex?

Excellent and thank you.
ATB
Craeg

Of course bud. Funny enough I liberated over a dozen upholstery springs from the local Heath where some scrote had a bonfire last week. They're much thicker than the steel I have been using so would easily make a beefier version. I'm currently planning some cork screws for it too.

I fly to Aberdeen tonight and then I'm offshore tomorrow. I'll have a play when I'm back.

Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Craeg, I forged a beefier awl today. When you say for threading 1mm ties do you mean you want a 1mm size hole to play with or slightly larger?
Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE