Forged flint striker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joff

Forager
Jul 31, 2005
Somerset
A few weeks ago I was over at Dave Budd's workshop learning how to forge a knife. I have posted the (nearly finished) result of those labours here: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22226
At one point during the day we had a few moments spare and Dave suggested I make something else -so I did. Here it is!
steelstriker.gif

A very simple steel striker for flint and unique to me :)

Joff

Hawkeye The Noo

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Dunoon, Argyll
Dave Budd.

I visited your site and am well impressed. The misses for the first time in living with a tracker and bushcrafter got enthusiastic about your approach. It is about time my mate Nick got some fame. Nice work on your forging Nick.

Great work

Jamie

Joff

Forager
Jul 31, 2005
Somerset
Cheers Jamie! I'll make you one when I have set up a forge at home or I could just borrow Nick's instead! He definitely has caught the forging bug :D

J

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
thanks :), I don't like BS and I don't like bandwagons, so i guess I just get on with things my own way and it seems to be a refreshing change. always space for husband-wife teams on courses you know ;)

sounds like I created a forging frenzy :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE