Forest Knights - Wilderness First Aid Course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Well just got back from a wilderness first aid course run by Wayne at Forest Knights. Had a fantastic time and feel a lot more confident.

Details and pictures to follow, but I would just like to thank Wayne for running one of the most useful and relevent courses I've been on, I would also like to thank Garrick, Adi, Rob and Mel, for providing some challenging situations and great advice.

Cheers guys

Matt

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
I'll second that! Very fine course indeed - excellent tutor, excellent assistants, excellent company too (and I don't mean the ltd variety... :rolleyes: ) :You_Rock_

Very realistic scenarios and it covers much more than a bog standard first aid course

If you only do one course, do this one and maybe make a difference to someones life. :D

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
I last did a wilderness first aid course with the BSA in the states but that was over 5 years ago. I've been looking to retrain here but as yet haven't found anywhere (actually haven't looked that hard)
Its good to read positive recommendations. :You_Rock_ I'll check out the course dates. Forest Knights is not far from me either so its looking good for me.
Thanks guys.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I would also just like to say a big thanks to Wayne and his team for the course this weekend.

I have learned a huge amount this weekend in a realistic setting. I'd also just like to say a big thanks to those who were my fellow attendee's you helped to make the gathering all the more informative on more levels than I care to mention.

I leave a true write up for those who are more articulate than, but just wanted to say a big thanks!

All the best from "Well Boy!' :nana:

P.S. I'll try and post pictures soon.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I Would also like leave a big thank Wayne and his assistants for a very enjoyable full-on weekend, with very good company in a pleasant piece of woodland.
As Pibbleb has said 'Very realistic!'
Hope you all got home ok, and WW it's not too difficult this morning to get to Southampton!
Cheers from Swyn.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Agreed, blinding course. Huge thanks to Wayne, Mel, Garrick, Adi and Rob for an excellent course.

Nice also to put some faces to names.

Can't wait for the pics to be posted.

Special thanks go to Bardster for being guinea pig of the weekend :D

David

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
It's pretty much all been said, but I'd just like to add my personal thanks to Wayne and the team and also to the other course attendees.

I learnt loads, had a thoroughly enjoyable time and would recommend it to anyone. :D

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Echo eyrything said before.
This should become a permanant entry in the BCUK diary.
Well done Forest Knights

Nick

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Ok, here are a few pics to get you started with:

The Site:
TheSite.jpg

Our teacher in action:

WayneExplaining.jpg

Pic1.jpg

WaynesHead.jpg

WW-CPR.jpg

Bard - "The Casualty" Ster

BardsterStretcher.jpg

Accident Prone???

AccidentProne.jpg

Group Hug!!

TheMotleyCrew.jpg

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
scanker said:
The dark patch in the middle is a pad for the central splint, just in case any keen-eyed readers think he's simulating loss of bladder control! :lmao:

I think you might have over tightened the traction on him too - the pole seems to be exiting his head... Still, at least his femur won't move.... Limb over life wasn't? :confused:

useless

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2005
Hampshire, UK
I'd like to add my thanks to Forest Knights for running this course, and at such a reasonable price too!

If anyone is thinking about doing a Forest Knights course, but is unsure if they would "fit in".... I have a very limited level of knowldge about bushcraft type things (I'm more sort of "Hedge Craft" really!), let me asure you that the team go well out of their way to make sure everyone is OK and having a good time learning stuff. Having said that, the excellent company always helps too.

It was a great weekend, good chattering around the camp fire.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Great photo's Matt, anyone else got some?

Note to self - Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera, Must buy a digital camera.

David

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I've sent a disc of photo's to Wayne, and will happily send any discs on to others if you pm me.

I will warn you though they are rather happy snappy and photographer and camera are on the way out.

I'll also try and post some but probably not until the weekend.

Pib

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Thank you all for the kind comments. It was a very rewarding course to run.

Watching you guys growing in confidence and ability as the weekend progressed is what teaching is about.

The night exercise will remain one of my fondest memories of all the courses I have run this year. You all were first rate.

I recieved the photos.

Could all the attendees pm me their address so I can forward the certificates direct.

I am sure I will be running another bushcraft woodland based first aid course soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE