For sale Mark hill (hillbill) knife and two brass oil bottles (vintage war dept)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
I must apologise for the photo quality the images dont do marks work any justice. my camera phone has lots of trouble focusing on shining objects. dont know how to correct it. sorry guys!!

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
just an afterthought...
it may be a very longshot but if anyone has a pair of 7x50 sailing binoculars with built in compass then id be very willing to swap the knife for them.
dont know if anyone has any but there you go!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Almost certainly one of the oilers comes from the Lee Enfield No. 4 design (if that helps), it was designed to fit into the brass covered trapdoor in the rifle butt along with a pull through and patches for field maintaining the bore. This was particularly vital with the old corrosive primers in the 40s as the chemical salts would damage the bore if not dissolved. Later the oilers became Bakelite and plastic

Nice bit of kit - happy to show photos of one in situ if anyone else is restoring an Enfield!

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
thank you for that with them being war dept marked id assumed they were british no idea of age though but yes they are nice cheers.

Almost certainly one of the oilers comes from the Lee Enfield No. 4 design (if that helps), it was designed to fit into the brass covered trapdoor in the rifle butt along with a pull through and patches for field maintaining the bore. This was particularly vital with the old corrosive primers in the 40s as the chemical salts would damage the bore if not dissolved. Later the oilers became Bakelite and plastic

Nice bit of kit - happy to show photos of one in situ if anyone else is restoring an Enfield!

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
im very flexible deal wise guys al you have to do is ask. just wish i could have done better shots of the knife mark is a superb knife maker. and heres a chance to own one of his..

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Im still interested in the brass bottles mate but im low on funds at the mo and i havent got what your after trade wise? Anything elts i can tickle your fancy with? :)

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
just send me a little list matey am mainly interested in the stuff on my wants list granny wildlife is my dream tool
obviously the bottle is only worth about a tenner trade value what you got.
if you have a look through my wants lists and take it from there.
cheers.

Im still interested in the brass bottles mate but im low on funds at the mo and i havent got what your after trade wise? Anything elts i can tickle your fancy with? :)

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
had an offer of an item im going potty for so if anyone wants a real real bargain the hillbill maRK HILL KNIFE IS YOURS FOR £30 PAYPAL ONLY.

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
had an offer of an item im going potty for so if anyone wants a real real bargain the hillbill maRK HILL KNIFE IS YOURS FOR £30 PAYPAL ONLY.

Bargain alert! If I had the cash I'd snap that up! Someone take it before swimbo finds out we're eating beans for the next week!

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
What a great bargain! Wish I'd seen this a few minutes earlier, but Hey-Ho!.............Enjoy it well, uncleboob............................atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE