Food dehydrators

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Welcome to the dry side!

Reckon thats another dehydrator on the pressie list then :)

Still - its a lot cheaper and nicer than buying it!

Hope it was nice and spicy ;)

Red

andy_pevy

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2006
Sandhurst
British Red said:
Welcome to the dry side!

Reckon thats another dehydrator on the pressie list then :)

Still - its a lot cheaper and nicer than buying it!

Hope it was nice and spicy ;)

Red

I have been looking at Dehydrators but until now was unconvinced, perhaps it is time to get one. Only thing is how to sneak it in the house without SWMBO seeing it.

I used a combination of a jerk marinade, dark soy and Maggi sauce. It was nice and tangy.

Andy

I have an old american dehydrator which has to be run through a voltage converter, it has several stacking plates for doing loads and it works just fine for me.

On a slightly different note, I've been able to get some venison and I had a go at jerking that. All I did as an experiment was to cut it across the grain into strips about 4mm thick then season it lightly with some salt then run it through the dehydrator. I had also dried some coconut beforehand and I tried the venison and the coconut together, very tasty!
Dried mango is also very good, dried bullace is a taste explosion!

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Waiting for Son2 to come out of the Dr's I noticed a wonderful crop of thistles just through the fence; absolutely perfect for fire start :cool: So I got a small bag and a pair or pruners out of the boot and began to help myself.

Nothing wrong in being a opportunist,,,,,,also noted you had come prepared:D

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
My dehydrator has just been delivered, thankfully my wife rescued it as the delivery chap tried to drop it off at the pub across the road.

It's the QVC one, which they still say is waitlisted...

Can't wait; damsons, strawberries or jerky tonight? I wonder if the blackberry goo from the brandy filterings would dry into a nice leather?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE