food dehydrator

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I was reading up about making a food dehydrator for jerky, then I remembered that I have a 12v hot/cold cabinet which heats to 65 decrees. Would this be powerful enough to use?

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
You can use the oven, but if you plan to do a lot, a dehydrator will save you cash in the long run.
I use one from American Harvest. Not sure If they come with Euro-plugs though, maybe a converter can be used. Not to expensive, about 40 pounds ( $100.00 my Canadian Dollars)

If you don`t plan to do too much , sick to Oven!
Kev

M

Marlies

I have bought a food dehydrator for about 60 euro's. I bought it to make dried meat-treats for my dogs, but use it for myself as well. I dry meat for hikes/holidays, but also veggies.
And dried apple or bananas are a healthier snack than crips... And can also be used as energy food on a hike or so.

It basically is a heat source (but only until 50 celcius or so) and a van. On top some trays.

I would just give it a try with your 12V cabinet, you'll find out if it works.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE