Fondue anyone?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Near £8 for half a pint of cheese sauce ? :yikes:

Sorry Ozzy, but colour me unimpressed :/

Make up a dry mix at home of grated cheese, dried milk, seasoning and a thickener in a zip bag. Use corn or potato or tapioca flour for the thickener. Stir to a paste with a little cold water, add in the rest of the liquid and bring to a slow boil point stirring all the time.
Cheese sauce by the pint for under a pound.
Beer or wine is optional depending on what you have out with you :)

I know :eek: :eek: I'm a housewife :rolleyes:

Mary

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Make a roux by introducing wheat flour slowly into melted butter then milk, slowly, then melt grated cheese into it. Allow to thicken over the stove. Simplest and tastiest cheese sauce.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Butter, flour and milk cold in a pan. Slowly stir whilst heating, when it starts to thicken add as much cheese as you like. Garaunteed no lumps. Easier than a roux.

Wife's method so I forget the measurements.

Substitute cheese with other stuff for any white sauce base.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lolololol...you tell 'im!!!

Near £8 for half a pint of cheese sauce ? :yikes:

Sorry Ozzy, but colour me unimpressed :/

Make up a dry mix at home of grated cheese, dried milk, seasoning and a thickener in a zip bag. Use corn or potato or tapioca flour for the thickener. Stir to a paste with a little cold water, add in the rest of the liquid and bring to a slow boil point stirring all the time.
Cheese sauce by the pint for under a pound.
Beer or wine is optional depending on what you have out with you :)

I know :eek: :eek: I'm a housewife :rolleyes:

Mary

Parbajtor

Maker
Feb 5, 2014
Surbiton
www.tanczos.co.uk
Fondue is not cheese sauce........ (sticking up for the Swiss, here. Seeing as they'd likely stay neutral)

well it is, just made with 50/50 emmental and gruyere and cut with kirsch and a little white wine.

Price is not that surprising if made with authentic ingedients and then freeze dried.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE