Following my dream

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
I'm pleased as punch.

I've had a few bombshells dropped on me in the past couple of months which has changed my direction in life. So after nearly 20 years working in the family firm I'm following my own path.

I'm selling up and moving to the west of Ireland, to have a more rural and hopefully a more relaxed way of life with my family. My house is already for sale and we have seen a house we want in Ireland which has a big enough garden for doing things in.

All in all, it can't happen quick enough.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Let me try and put you off having been doing the same for a few years......

errr

No, can't think of a thing!

Stuff existing as a 9 to 5 age slave in a tacky little city box. Life is not a rehersal. If we can offer any tips or advice, just say the word and have fun

Red

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great news mate, hope it all works out for you

I'm in the process of applying for other jobs, I've had enough of the 9-5 IT malarky

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Nothing is more scary than letting go of the things you know, even if you dislike them...
and nothing is more rewarding than succeeding afterwards!!

Good luck, mate!

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
Thanks for all your well wishes.

My intention is to become more self reliant, but the house we have our hearts set on is a bit of a do it upper so we will have to see.

Oh, the garden is about an acre; big enough. And all for less than an ex council house in Leeds

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Go for it Badger, revel in it, throw yourself into it. You'll end up having to gain loads of new skills, learn new tools, all sorts. Its scary, exiting, wonderful and scary all at once.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Nice one. You can change your life and do what you want. Anyone can. It's just scary contemplating and going for the big push. Well done.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE