Folding Trowel ?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
I have tried two different versions of folding trowel and wasn't impressed with either. Neither locked, so trapping fingers was a real danger and both handles were liable to detach from the pivot. I now use a normal trowel.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SCOMAN
That's been my experience too. Besides which, if you're trying to dig hard, dry, compacted or root-filled ground then a trowel is very hard work anyway. Better to go for an e-tool or similar if you're going to be doing some hard digging.
 
Basically rubbish, they fold on you when you don't want, and worse than that bend in hard ground. FWIW I have not found a decent non folding trowel yet either, they all break at the weld, I am currently trying one out from Wolf Tools seems to be a bit more of a precision tool than the usual rubbish.
 
I really did think the title read "folding towel". I was thinking why would anyone buy a towel that does not fold!!!
 
Well I guess that ends that idea and it was just mean't to be used for wild edibles and instead of a E-tool and the like for cleaning a 1 stop & drop over nighter shelter.
It was just a ? of weight verses worth
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE