Folding Trowel ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
I have tried two different versions of folding trowel and wasn't impressed with either. Neither locked, so trapping fingers was a real danger and both handles were liable to detach from the pivot. I now use a normal trowel.

Reactions: SCOMAN

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
That's been my experience too. Besides which, if you're trying to dig hard, dry, compacted or root-filled ground then a trowel is very hard work anyway. Better to go for an e-tool or similar if you're going to be doing some hard digging.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Basically rubbish, they fold on you when you don't want, and worse than that bend in hard ground. FWIW I have not found a decent non folding trowel yet either, they all break at the weld, I am currently trying one out from Wolf Tools seems to be a bit more of a precision tool than the usual rubbish.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I really did think the title read "folding towel". I was thinking why would anyone buy a towel that does not fold!!!

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Well I guess that ends that idea and it was just mean't to be used for wild edibles and instead of a E-tool and the like for cleaning a 1 stop & drop over nighter shelter.
It was just a ? of weight verses worth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE