Folding shovel/frying pan/seat/gun rest!!

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
www.bushcraftdays.com
A friend sent me an e-mail with a set of pictures recently. I initially laughed but after a while realised these guys are serious.

I suppose it is the ultimate accessory for your Landrover or just the one piece of kit you give to the Bushcrafter who thinks they have it all.

Have a look for yourself

http://www.doubleshovel.co.za/index_files/Page496.htm

http://midrand.olx.co.za/double-shovel-braai-iid-67627849

One versatile bit of kit. I think it works out about £56 or so to buy it in SA.

If you go to South Africa can you get me one though.

Enjoy.

George

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Given the weight, its only likely to be vehicle borne, and if traveling by vehicle, cooking and seating gear is usually carried. As is a spade.

As a novelty, gimmick item, its got gadget magazine 'cred', but as a practical tool, it would not be my choice.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Just needs a sharpened edge and you'll have an axe. :drive:

Could put a saw edge on t'other side!
mickeymouse.gif

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
If it works in the variety of fashions that it claims to , then its not such a stupid bit of kit is it?

Cant believe you can sit on it ?

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
If there was a slide out panel on the spade, you could attach a bag/bowl to the leg mounts and convert the seat to a portable toilet!
happy0009.gif

Using the handle mounted hooks, a water bag could perform the role of a cistern...

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Oh, It might well work out-of-the-box, but with multiple weak points build into the design, these sort of multi-gadgets have a habit of failing after some time. The fire will deform the steel, so it will be a toss up as to what fails first - the bending mechanism or the leg holders. And when one thing collapses, the whole thing sort of gets pretty useless and before you know it - it will have become one more rusty object in the shed.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I like it but would never use it!
I don't like the idea of cooking on something i have just dug s*** with and then sitting on it!
Poisoning and a burnt rear all in one day.... BAD TIMES!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE