Folding saws at Tesco

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daved

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
London
Spotted some in the gardening section of our local branch for about £3 (don't remember the exact price).

Don't know what the quality is like but they are certainly cheap and probably worth a try at that price.

Dave

Lee_shanahan

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2007
South Wales
I bought a similar one from Wilkinson’s about 2 years ago for about £2.99, thought it was a bargain at the time, testing it out was another story; it was flimsy and really couldn’t cut anything, after trying my hardest to cut a branch it fell apart.

Recently got a bahco Laplander off amazon for £14, one of the best pieces of kit I got, its sturdy and looks in place and stays locked unlike the Wilkinson one, it also cuts wood great and worth every penny. Although they may seem like bargains their usually rubbish and fail when you use them which isn’t really good when your out and about.

L

lukeuk2

Lee_shanahan said:
I bought a similar one from Wilkinson’s about 2 years ago for about £2.99, thought it was a bargain at the time, testing it out was another story; it was flimsy and really couldn’t cut anything, after trying my hardest to cut a branch it fell apart.

Recently got a bahco Laplander off amazon for £14, one of the best pieces of kit I got, its sturdy and looks in place and stays locked unlike the Wilkinson one, it also cuts wood great and worth every penny. Although they may seem like bargains their usually rubbish and fail when you use them which isn’t really good when your out and about.

i agree i have also brought the same two saws and the laplander is better by miles. good quality saw and worth its money.

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
For the sake of £3 I picked one up earlier. Might do me for a short while before I either get a Laplander or the Pocket Silky one I've seen.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE