Fly fishers-check this out.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I have seen similar done when beach casting ! luckly it missed the gus eye and caught his cheek , but with a 6oz lead it pulls a lot ! :eek:
Pumbaa

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
That happened to a punter in the fishery I worked at. He managed to catch himself in the eye, through his eyelid so everytime he blinked (a lot - he had a hook in his eye...) it shoogled about a bit :eek:. He very calmly walked up to me in the shop and asked "Excuse me, I wonder if you can help?".

Luckily it didn't his his cornea/lens so after a quick trip to out-patients he was back the next day for more of the same. Nutter.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
At the first glance at seeing what had happened exactly I clicked it away ... :cool: That was absolutely too disgusting to see (pun not intended)!!
Good lesson to learn from: wear glasses!!! (it doesn't make you look silly - and even if it does: rather looking silly with glasses, than being "tough" with a fishing hook in your eye :eek: )

His light is out! :eek: :( :rolleyes:

Fallowstalker

Oct 1, 2005
Towy valley
If you're right handed watch the wind from the right and use a shorter leader (and be careful with heavy brass tubes if you fish for salmon). When shooting, please wear eye AND ear protection. When fly fishing the rivers (especially when fishing at night for sea trout) please, please don't forget your life jacket when deep wading.

Fallowstalker

Oct 1, 2005
Towy valley
On the river I have to wear polarising glasses to spot the sewin (sorry sea trout) and salmon that I'm casting my fly to.

I also sea fly fish for grey mullet (uk bonefish! :eek: ), bass and mackerel. :)

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
I think I'm going barbless from now on, I once fished a competition and was given the boat partner from hell, he not only hooked my ear he also managed to mangle a £50 line of mine around the prop on the motor. If only I'd carried a bigger priest!

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
Thank God, they managed to save the fly, don't know about the owner of the eye but I imagine his casting won't have improved what with losing depth perception.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
:eek: I wish i hadent clicked on that,couldent watch it all,would the poor bloke ever see again after something like that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE