Flooded Streams from the heavy rains

Well…when I got the call this morning telling me that work was being canceled today as the supply place wasn’t going to deliver the door and window due to heavy rains and flash flooding I decided, as usual, to go see the creeks and see how much water was in them. The pics aren’t the best as it was raining most of the time I was out there but some turned out pretty good.

If you have seen my other pictures of the creeks then you have seen pics taken from these same viewpoints but they look a little different this time.

This is Suck Creek…(there is actually a reason for the name, it’s an interesting story if you want to google it just do a search on “The Suck” on the Tennessee River…it was feared during the Civil War.) There was no water at all the last time I was here at the end of the summer.
PICT0275.jpg

PICT0281.jpg

PICT0283.jpg

PICT0287.jpg

PICT0288.jpg

I have been wondering what caused this for a few years now…the tree still lives on.
PICT0286.jpg

Leaving Suck Creek, I rode up to see what Middle Creek was like. I found several fungi while walking there
PICT0289.jpg

PICT0290.jpg

PICT0351.jpg

PICT0306.jpg

PICT0307.jpg

still ferns moss and lichens out nice and green
PICT0329.jpg

PICT0323.jpg

PICT0322.jpg

and some plants I want to identify.
PICT0334.jpg

The walk in, parts of the trail are under water
PICT0291.jpg

PICT0292.jpg

PICT0294.jpg

The water was really rolling
PICT0297.jpg

PICT0304.jpg

PICT0305.jpg

PICT0309.jpg

here is a video...sorry for the quality, but you tube makes it look worse than on real player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GuSv6zcNEA

PICT0312.jpg

PICT0315.jpg

PICT0316.jpg

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Once again, lovely pictures there. The sound of water racing down is a wonderful primitive sound I've always thought. Especially when you visit the same place at different times of the year, no doubt helps explain why many cultures looked at bodies of water and rivers as mystical entities.

Erm yeah your youtube vid does look a bit pants.. ;) Any chance you could stick it up somewhere, and we could download it directly? :D

Nag.

I wish I knew how, hell I don't even know how to email videos because of the file size much less get it anywhere else. I even tried Yo-Pix to get a URL and it errored there. Any advice...they always look crappy on you tube....not that I have a great camera but it sure looks better on real player than you tube

Cancelled again! We may have to send you food for Christmas!

Seriously though there is nothing like a walk on a cold wet day in the woods as long as you are dressed for it. Keeps others indoors and its all yours to enjoy.

Told you this was a rough time of year for this kind of work. That's why I had quit it after 25 years and went into metal fabrication then the economy went to crap and I got laid off alon with 6000 other people in my area.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I wish I knew how, hell I don't even know how to email videos because of the file size much less get it anywhere else. I even tried Yo-Pix to get a URL and it errored there. Any advice...they always look crappy on you tube....not that I have a great camera but it sure looks better on real player than you tube

You use photobucket like me. You can upload video less than 100MB in the same way that you upload your photos.

Sorry to hear of the lay-offs. So much for the benefits of financial liberalisation and globalisation. Being in the country at least you are better off than city people

You use photobucket like me. You can upload video less than 100MB in the same way that you upload your photos.

Sorry to hear of the lay-offs. So much for the benefits of financial liberalisation and globalisation. Being in the country at least you are better off than city people

Thanks, I didn't realize PB did video.

Actualy I live inside the city limits of a fairly large city, but barely, I live next to the county line

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE