flint

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
hi all
just to update my original post that i have access to alot of flint.i have sent a fair bit so far in exchange for postage costs and a small swap for my time.its been very sucessful so far with both parties very happy.
feel free to ask and i could also send pics if need be.
cheers all
ade

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
where i have permission to shoot there is loads on the surface.came across a chunk the size of two footballs last time there.mainly black.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi Ade

Can you send me some please to put in mine and my sons fire starting kits.

Let me know how much postage will cost and we can sort out what sort of things you want as a thank you for getting it for me.

Thanks

Phill

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Cheers al.the fatwood is great stuff.phil,replied to your pm thanks.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Is flint that rare? I seem to see it everywhere or do I live in an especially flint rich area? Might bring some French 'silex pressignien' back from holiday if anyone is interested

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
i'm helping those who dont have it in their area as i have access to loads and happy to post.

Perhaps it's not as ubiquitous as I thought. My grandparents used to live in Hampshire and there was loads of it lying about in the fields. Here in Sussex it seems pretty common too. Heavy old stuff to post, no doubt!

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
I would also thnak him for the box he sent me for Scouts - refused postage and I just hope the letaher pouches were acceptable. The kids loved knapping it with gloves and goggles on.

A Top Guy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE