Flint Blades?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Evening, Anyone still making Flint Tools?, As I'm looking for 1 like this
59f1624ffaf081e4359af9e4ecb74ac5e342e3b1.jpg
Ignore the Haft, I'm trying to get 1 with about a 2 1/4'' Double Edge that's 3 1/2'' Total length.
I've made Arrow Heads and Flat Backed / Non-sharpened Blades & axe's and the like, But I'm struggling to make 1 like the above Pic.
Soz if this post is in the wrong place.
Cheer's

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Evening, Anyone still making Flint Tools?, As I'm looking for 1 like this
View attachment 60870
Ignore the Haft, I'm trying to get 1 with about a 2 1/4'' Double Edge that's 3 1/2'' Total length.
I've made Arrow Heads and Flat Backed / Non-sharpened Blades & axe's and the like, But I'm struggling to make 1 like the above Pic.
Soz if this post is in the wrong place.
Cheer's

Dunno if its just me but that doesn't look like its been knapped to me, looks more like its not flint at all and whatever it is has been ground to shape, a bit like those G10 knife scales I keep seeing.
The fractures don't look like the typical conchoidal (spelling?) shape I see on flint.

Mind, its got to be said I'm no flintknapping expert, Ive given it a bash and mase what look like shark teeth which could at a pinch be used as arrowheads but it's a good job I wasn't on piecework or I'd be the poorest arrowhead maker in the tribe.

Reactions: Nice65

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Dunno if its just me but that doesn't look like its been knapped to me, looks more like its not flint at all and whatever it is has been ground to shape, a bit like those G10 knife scales I keep seeing.
The fractures don't look like the typical conchoidal (spelling?) shape I see on flint.

Mind, its got to be said I'm no flintknapping expert, Ive given it a bash and mase what look like shark teeth which could at a pinch be used as arrowheads but it's a good job I wasn't on piecework or I'd be the poorest arrowhead maker in the tribe.

Its not

its a Steel blade that's been made to look flint knapped

that particular one is seen here

no unlike the 'otzi knife' made by Condor and a number of custom makers particularly in the US

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

Good detective work fella :). I see G10 and Micarta like that all the time on handles, but I’ve never seen it applied to steel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE