Fleece salopettes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Does anyone know if anyone other than Mardale and Mountain Equipment make fleece salopattes. I'm after a pair and I like to REALY shop around B4 I buy.

Thanks, Mart.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Mardale; now there's a blast fom the past. Ibought some of their gear when I first went skiing as their factory was lass than a mile from my house (Preston).

Highly recommended; I still have 90% of the gear that I bought!

Chris

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
I used to have the Mardale version of the special 6 an it was excellent.
The salopettes they do are karisma fleece and they are kind of an outer garment. I'm after some fleece to go under my lowie guide bib. The mountain equipment ones are like what I'm after, they are just so Damn expensive, £90 - £100.

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Like em, got em, salopettes, smock, jacket.
I'm after something not quite as warm as those, if I'm working hard and its not super cold I sweat like a b.....d in the montane salopettes.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
The wife bought a pair of these in a sale many moons ago

http://www.buffalosystems.co.uk/dp13rollover.htm

but they were too long for her so I "borrowed" them indefinately. :-{D)

Too warm for all but the worst UK conditions unless you are just standing about. I always ended up with unseamly amounts of flesh exposed to the air to get the right tempreture.

To be honest I prefer their trousers,

http://www.buffalosystems.co.uk/dp11rollover.htm

which I was using in the snow today. Two layers over the chest tends to make me sweat too much for the wicking to handle.

ATB

Tom

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Your quite lucky mate, "borrowing" from her. My Mrs usually "borrows from me. Usually I spend ages looking for something, then I'll phone her and find out that, Ive borrowed it "darling"
GRRRRR.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE