Flecktarn Hootchie/Basha

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
On Ebay at the mo is a Bundeswehr Flecktarn Basha. I've trawled the past threads and have come away more confused than before. Any one got an opinion on this version? As for the others Original Auscam, SASS hootchie or standard British Army DPM? Correct me if I'm wrong but the Army DPM is the lightest and made of Silnylon obviating the need for PU coatings. Any users opinions gratefully received.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I couldn't locate the EBAY listing. I don't have any experience with the Basha, but I own the Flektarn poncho and a copy of our two man pup tent. Both are well made. Ironically, the Flektarn pattern is being phased out for political correctness ( WW2 association.)

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
What exactly makes in "Ray Mears" or "SAS"? :roll:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I thought that they were moving soon to a computerized pattern similar to Marpat. Could be wrong ...

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Dances, Your EBAY Hootchie is made from the same material as my Flektarn poncho. It is very light and packable. I sent several of these up to the activists in the Northern California Redwood forests. They are all still going strong with no fading, tears or rust on the grommets after two years of constant use. If you want to be inconspicuous, Flektarn is one of my favourites. It certainly worked up there. But , we had 6' tall groundstory ferns and 10 story high redwoods. That is a fair price. My ponchos new are @ $35 USD

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE