Fjallraven G1000 & Nikwax

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Done a couple of post on this. It works very well in conjunction with the g1000 wax. I usually give the item (i have so many) a decent wax with home made g1000 first and hairdrier it in, then give the item a good spray of the nikwax and leave it to dry. it does have quite a strong smell, but soon leaves once aired or worn. My singi jacket is waterproof in all but the heaviest rain now. It does wash out pretty easily though, so for trousers, i only treat them when i know i'm going out for a while, ie camping etc.

Reactions: Labrador and HeysMT
Done a couple of post on this. It works very well in conjunction with the g1000 wax. I usually give the item (i have so many) a decent wax with home made g1000 first and hairdrier it in, then give the item a good spray of the nikwax and leave it to dry. it does have quite a strong smell, but soon leaves once aired or worn. My singi jacket is waterproof in all but the heaviest rain now. It does wash out pretty easily though, so for trousers, i only treat them when i know i'm going out for a while, ie camping etc.
Thanks

Yngve Cymric

May 25, 2020
Wales
I've used the nikwax cotton proof on my fjallraven anorak 8 leaked badly and smelled chemically for ages, Greenland waxed it thoroughly and much better though I suspect that in a cold Norwegian winter it'll be stiff as a board.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE