Fjallraven G1000 fabric

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
tomtom said:
looks like theres a Fjallaven retailer in the uk is near you Bill

Westmark Cottage midhurst Road
GU31 5AT Petersfield-Hampshire 0044 1730263477

Only just seen your post Tom. I live in Bedford, although I know where Petersfield is and used to live that way I don't anymore. There are quite a few people on here that don't live miles away so if any of you have been to that shop then let us know if they do have a range of Fjällräven. :biggthump

Bill

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Why don´t just take a trip to sweden and buy some fjällräven clothes. Fjällräven owns the biggest chain of outdoor stores here so they are not hard to find (3 stores here in Gothenburg).

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Viking said:
Why don´t just take a trip to sweden and buy some fjällräven clothes. Fjällräven owns the biggest chain of outdoor stores here so they are not hard to find (3 stores here in Gothenburg).

I already looked! But unfortunately it costs €350 minimum to fly to Sweden from S of France plus min 6 hour flight each way with change at Amsterdam or Munich. Or a 4000km round trip via road and €450 fuel :cry:

Believe my I would love to return to your lovely country :) If I could make it I would want to spend some time outdoor but not sure where to go these days from Göteburg.. :?: We spent a couple of summers around Möllosund but it was a while back and my memory fades :lol: Maybe via UK with cheap Ryanair flights? do they go to Göteburg?

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
I've been to the Field, Moor and Stream shop near Petersfield.
It seems to be pretty much tailored for the shooting and fishing fraternity. They do have a range of Fjall Raven stuff including the Forrest trousers and the Greenland trousers (of which I now own a pair). They were a bit pricey at £80 but I've never owned a better pair of strides. They also had Fjall raven bags,rucksacks, jackets and fleeces but I didn't have a long look round and I didn't note the product names.
I got their number from the Fjall Raven website and they were very helpfull. Alas no website but I'm only about 30 mins drive away. :wink:

Matt

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Thanks for that Matt. Seems like a good shop. £80 is a bit steep but for waterproof trousers I suppose you need to pay that much. Do they feel ok wearing them as normal trousers? I'm trying to get my head round what they are like. Do they feel anything like the wax cotton we get here (barbour etc)?

Bill

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
tenbears10 said:
Thanks for that Matt. Seems like a good shop. £80 is a bit steep but for waterproof trousers I suppose you need to pay that much. Do they feel ok wearing them as normal trousers? I'm trying to get my head round what they are like. Do they feel anything like the wax cotton we get here (barbour etc)?

Bill

Yeh, Thanks Matt. Wish I had a store 30 minutes away :roll: :)

tenbears10: £80 is a good price for the Greenland toursers compared to prices I see from Germany etc ( usually around €139/£96). But yep I understand it is not cheap for trousers generally. But they are really well made and rate. Here is a good comment from and earlier thread on BCUK

Trousers

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
The Greenland trousers are impregnated with wax. You'd think this would make them heavy and they are slighly heavier than, say a pair of British army lightweights but not appreciably so. To be honest you hardly notice.
The only problem is they do rustle a bit. But if you buy the Forest versions they are made with the same fabric that's been brushed so is silent.
Over time the wax washes out so FjallRaven do a wax block so you can re-wax your trousers.

Matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE