Fjallraven Buck Fleece OR Ridgeline Igloo Top

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 22, 2022
Brighton
I'm looking at getting a decent Mid layer but can't decide between the Fjallraven Buck Fleece and the Ridgeline Igloo Top. Obviously one of the big differences is the price (which is huge) but that aside has anyone hadna chance to try either of them out? Is the Fjallraven that much better?

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
No. Fjällräven is hugely over priced.
It's even bad so far I see, and I see a lot of it.

Sparky750

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2015
Merseyside
Have a look at the new paramo bentu plus fleece as well, I have the standard fleece which has been superb over the years but lacking when we hit winter the plus version is thicker and should be just the ticket. Gorge outdoors is the best price I found but definitely worth shopping around

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
My brother owned several pairs of Fjällräven Karl trousers in different colours. They last approximately 18 month of continuous use, but get the first holes already after a year. My cheap Primark jeans last usually longer.

The fabric is too weak and the used thread is a bad joke. They are made to fall in pieces by the son of a man who tried to make the best possible outdoor trousers.

The stuff became unfortunately adventure fashion for those who don't really leave the SUV for more than a short dog walk.

Many years ago FR equipment was made in Sweden in superior qualities. But these days are gone.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE