Fixed blade knife for under £30?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Al Fresco

May 8, 2012
Bristol
Those Queen Cutlery knives are defo very classy looking!.... but unfortunately seem to come in way over budget... at £70-ish
The Boker works out just shy of £50 with postage...
Modding a Mora with a wooden handle is probably way out of my personal DIY skills... & it would be a lot to ask of someone to do it for me, trying to keep within the £30 budget...

The Condor is a good contender..... as is the Black fox.....

I'm a part-timer novice when it comes to bushcraft.... All I want a knife to do, at the present time, is wood prep ...batoning etc..

With that in mind.... Of those two cheaper knives, Condor or Black Fox?

Yes, I could save up & get something better but it might be wasted on me! .....I just want to get out there & do it on a budget, for now....

Very interesting comments so far though, I'm learning!

Thanks to all.......

Last edited:

Al Fresco

May 8, 2012
Bristol

Wow, now that is a thing of beauty!
joker.jpg

How does it size up in function?

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
I've been on a similar quest to you for a while now! I've come to the conclusion after reading loads of reviews and advice on here that the Condors the best option for price/quality/functionality for around the £30 mark and will be ordering one shortly (although the joker pictured looks lovely!) .....unless someone else comes up with something better lol

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
for scandi grind and battoning etc i would stick to carbon steel unless its 12c27

most pople seem to get teh condor reground thats another £15-£25 if you cant get it done your self

Supposedly the newer condors have a better grind but I'm not positive about that. Also, there are some QC issues surrounding Condor and again, those supposedly were addressed in the newer condors. Ya pays yer money and takes yer chances I guess. I know I just got a Village Parang from Condor and it has a wonderful convex bevel and the fit and finish are super nice. All for $40. I would buy from a reputable dealer who will take the knife back if you are not satisfied. I have the Condor backpack parang and kephart coming. Hope they are as nice as the Village.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE