Fitting A Chimney In A Tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Was talking with a friend over the weekend.
We were wondering how easy it would be to modify a tent so that a chimney (from an internal stove) could be put through the material.
Has anyone ever done this?
If so, what material did you use around the hole where the chimney comes through the tent, and how did you fix it and all that kind of thing.
Pictures would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers.

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Hi, I have a canvas bell tent fitted with a woodburner. You can buy a cowl from soul pad (where I got mine) or the windy smithy. The windy smithy I think does various sizes where soud pad only do the 4 inch one.

Hope this helps

Bazz

Apr 22, 2010
east yorkshire
my nephew cut a large hole in the side of his tent and stiched a fire blanket in its place, then put a chimney hole in the middle of that.I have fitted many chimneys throught the canvas roofs of horse drawn waggons I cut a hole about 8inch square put a tin with a chimney hole each side of the canvas about 12 inch square and run sillcon in between the two but the bows of the waggon carrie the weight of the tin

pets.webshots.com/album/500845746Yvawzb

Photos on here I think

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If you google 'stove jack' you should get a lot of suppliers come up in the search. 99% American but jack's are not heavy so shipping won't kill you.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I think what you need is a silicon rubber decktite

Something like the ones from these suppliers

http://www.fluesystems.com/flashings/info/dektite_square.htm

flashing_df703_225.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE