Fitted out the Apache

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I tend to sit with my right ( worst ) leg straight out under the yoke and have my left crossed under it I also lean over to the right , I can only paddle on the right side due to another problem , I suppose if you want to do something bad enough you will find a way , I did have a low seat but I did it differently to Bernie with hangers glued on to the hull, however I broke these off when i jumped in the canoe to save Greg when he checked out the bottom of a weir lol and i haven't got round to fixing it yet

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
No offence meant but is it me or is it more and more "former" bikers taking up the open canoe? If we take up fishing from them we could be Hell's Anglers:D

Unless you put in here and get it wrong then you'll be a Hull's Angler :yikes:

Feeling of freedom but with a comfy seat and the luxuries - still its got to beat a Goldwing.

I must:

a) repair or replace the boat
b) eventually get around to getting a licence for a bike. Mind you it is 10 years or so since I've been on one.

Bot looks sweet by the way

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Lots of us! - I never got a car license until I got into canoes and needed a method of getting them from A to B! Ever tried towing 8 canoes and all the kit behind a bike?

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Great looking fitting out.

I think you will find that as you use the canoe it goes from feeling very tippy to a stage when you eventually wonder how it would be possible to capsize. This transition takes a surprisingly short time.

Also being tall I am also more of a sitter but I tend to tuck one foot under the seat so yours would probably still be too low for me. I could see seats like yours being great for fishing when you are looking for the maximum stability. A back rest would be a great addition for this.

Are the seats fixed to the canoe or can you move them about to adjust trim?

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Great looking fitting out.

I think you will find that as you use the canoe it goes from feeling very tippy to a stage when you eventually wonder how it would be possible to capsize. This transition takes a surprisingly short time.

Also being tall I am also more of a sitter but I tend to tuck one foot under the seat so yours would probably still be too low for me. I could see seats like yours being great for fishing when you are looking for the maximum stability. A back rest would be a great addition for this.

Are the seats fixed to the canoe or can you move them about to adjust trim?

Hi John
i fixed the seats in with slicone,but made sure that when i fixed the front seat i could turn around and be in about the centre of canoe for trim,when solo
also like the idea of a back rest so will make an attachable one,will post some pics of the finished job,
Im off Monday to Towyn north wales and the canoes coming with me, as i want to try it out mackerel fishing and see how she performs will also post some pics how i get on.cheers

Bernie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE