Fit Bit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
Has anybody got any experience of the fit bit? specifically looking at the flex
http://www.fitbit.com/uk

With working long shifts on different hours/nights, I am keen to use the functions to monitor my sleep and also use the alarm so I don't wake up my partner. I also want to monitor and use it to encourage me to build up on the day to day exercise. Finally it would be handy so I have a better idea of what I can do, which would be handy when planning bigger trips.

I know its not everyone's cup of tea, but for people with busy lives who like gadgets it might be handy

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Not got one myself but the missus bought one a few weeks back.she can't stop going on about it.shes quite active anyway but with constant update she says it's motivating her to do loads more

markmullen

Oct 4, 2012
North Yorkshire
I swear by my flex, I've been trying to get much fitter, I'm walking a minimum of 5 miles a day now, and working towards a 40 mile hike next year, all spurred on by being able to monitor my progress on my flex. I've also lost 60lbs since the beginning of the year with it.

Try the insanity workout, that is 60 days and gets you in brilliant shape (it is hard work!). The first time I did it I dropped 5 mins off my 10K time and got a six pack back. Every 2 weeks you do a fitness test to track your improvement but you can feel and see the difference.

I love it as you don't need any equipment other than a DVD player or laptop and you can do it anywhere you have a few square feet of flat ground (I do it in my small kitchen). My base fitness level went up and so did my stamina as it is all core body strength and legs. If you buy the pack it also has eating and nutrition guides but I don't bother with that as you burn through loads of calories.

For motivation I pick a person on the team that are doing the exercises and try to keep up or beat them - don't make the mistake of using the girls to start with as they are absolute machines and hammer the blokes!

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
Good to hear Markmullen, I have heard good things about them on here and elsewhere. So I ended up getting one. I also want to build up to longer walks, I have my eye on a few like the Leicestershire round, National forest way, Hadrian's wall etc..

So if anyone wants to add me as a friend on fitbit for a bit of extra motivation, let me know

Satyr - Insanity is all the rage around the office, I already have it on the laptop, but want to make up my basic fitness, also from speaking to the others its hard to fit in as we do crazy shifts here. So I will have to wait for the right month, with the right amount of time. However I have heard very good things about it and it is most likely worth a thread of its own.

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
Just a quick bump, I have been using mine for a while and making at least 12500 steps a day which is 6.25 miles. Slowly building up to more. Would be happy to add anyone on here who has got one as a friend to help motivate me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE