Fist offence leather work

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I think it just one of them universal laws "form ever follows function" when it's right, it's right, or, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", sort of thing. New materials may come and go, but leather and steel will never be obsolete.
My sentiments exactly sir

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Hey Mick.
Just a coincidence, but I thought you might like this, I was just researching Otzi the ice man's belt. To the front of Otzi's belt "worn like a money belt" he had a small possibles pouch containing some Flint tools and drill, some small traces of Iron Pyrite, medicinal and tinder fungi, etc, one reason for assuming it was a backup survival kit was that he had replicated much of this equipment in his backpack and quiver. Anyway I digress, however off to one side of the belt there was a double row of parallel strap for hanging kit, this was the bit I liked, and just to paraphrase the guy on the video "there ain't nothing new under the sun, Otzi had molle straps 5000 years ago". Hey if it works, it works Bro

Last edited:

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Hey Mick.
Just a coincidence, but I thought you might like this, I was just researching Otzi the ice man's belt. To the front of Otzi's belt "worn like a money belt" he had a small possibles pouch containing some Flint tools and drill, some small traces of Iron Pyrite, medicinal and tinder fungi, etc, one reason for assuming it was a backup survival kit was that he had replicated much of this equipment in his backpack and quiver. Anyway I digress, however off to one side of the belt there was a double row of parallel strap for hanging kit, this was the bit I liked, and just to paraphrase the guy on the video "there ain't nothing new under the sun, Otzi had molle straps 5000 years ago". Hey if it works, it works Bro
Could not have summed up the point better. Admittedly some modern things work better than those of antiquity, but imo some of them we haven't made much progress, if any.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE