Fiskars Splitting axes are razor sharp. (Gory)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
I was splitting logs on Monday afternoon with my new Fiskars X25. I missed slightly and hit the right of a log which kicked the axe into the path of my leg! This is the result. I have been in hospital since Monday afternoon and won't be out until Friday. I've had surgery to repair the artery and stop the bleeding and the found nerve and bone damage whilst digging round in my foot.

IMG-20130121-WA0000.jpg

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Makes my old thumb injury look like a bee sting....

Just follow what the doctors and physio tell you. To the letter.

Hope you heal well, and are back on your feet soon.... Maybe a review of the axe too lol. I swear by my x10, razor sharp and hold out well.

touched by nature

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
Makes my old thumb injury look like a bee sting....

Just follow what the doctors and physio tell you. To the letter.

Hope you heal well, and are back on your feet soon.... Maybe a review of the axe too lol. I swear by my x10, razor sharp and hold out well.

touched by nature

foot! back on your foot soon!:( :eek:

i've have managed to cut my foot with a fiskars axe in exactly the same place. was but a tiny scratch compared to that though. fiskars axes are well under-rated. get well soon.

cheers, and.

Last edited:

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
OW!! That is going to make a cracking battle scar.
Good news that the artery and bone are repaired.Listen to your physio and occupational Therapists and you will
come out smiling at the other end.It is traditional to blood a new axe but a small nick to the finger is usually
considered sufficient.Get well soon.
Cheers , Simon

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I have used axes for years and never sustained a serious injury but that makes me realise why my Mrs is so reluctant to let me get a chainsaw
She thinks I am just lucky so far with axe

Got one coming though will post injuries when applicable and if possible lol

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Get well soon mate

There's a couple of similar injuries on here but I can't find them right now, maybe we should start a mini league :)

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Bought an X27 Fiskars splitting axe recently and it knocks the socks clean off anything else on the market, but always wear my chainsaw boots when using it, they cut like nothing on earth.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE