Fiskars billhook

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Does anyone have one? If so what do you think to it and what's the weight of them.
Tempted to try one for wood processing and brush clearing.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Does anyone have one? If so what do you think to it and what's the weight of them.
Tempted to try one for wood processing and brush clearing.

I've got one Johnny, and I swear by it. It's lighter than most billhooks, but with a flick of the wrist when swinging, it'll cope with anything.
I've used it for hedgelaying, felling, processing firewood, snedding, spoon carving and the rest.
Next time your free pop around and have a play if you want.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Cheers Steve, wish I had time but back working full time again and looking to get one ordered for next weekend.
Will see what I can do though.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
I've got one and I like it a lot, I find I need to sharpen it quite often though. My garden is a jungle of brambles, I've been clearing it, I had to touch up the edge every half an hour or so to maintain optimum cutting, I reckon it would be a killer with a convex edge, if you could be bothered to do that.
Works really well though and feels good in the hand, definitely worth a go.

Last edited:

lossandspider

Dec 2, 2013
Bristol
Agree with the above.

Lighter than your average billhook, but very swingable, feels nice in the hand, and sharp. I used one for trimming the top and sides of a laid hedge, though I think it's a bit light to use for a lot of the actual laying of the hedge / cutting the thicker pleachers.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Personally I cant stand it, I don't like the plastic handle, preferring to feel wood in my hand.

Wetneck

Oct 6, 2013
South Coast - UK
Does anyone have a link online to buy these?

I've found some on eBay but mother in law want's to get me one for Christmas (last one got loaned and never returned) and she can work Amazon and the web but eBay is pushing it.

lossandspider

Dec 2, 2013
Bristol
Tried to post a link, but apparently it needs to be moderated. Go to the Amazon website, and search for "fiskars brush hook" - that's what they call them there.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I use one regularly, it's a superb tool.

i did a season of walking stick cutting with a few local old boys. They all bought one after trying mine. That's high praise indeed as old traditional ways die hard.

Cutting frozen chestnut coppice, some of which is 4" in diameter is hard on tools, but the Fiskars are still going strong and just entering their 5th season of use.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
I can only reitrrate the above sentiments. Fiskars brush hooks are awesome.

Roving Rich is remarkably stingy. He borrowed mine for a while, when i had it back rich went out and bought his own. There is no higher praise than this! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE