Fishing Tackle

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
longshot said:
cool she is small, but looks like she'll draw little water.

why to go.

dean

Draws only 9" but weighs near three parts of a ton. She is designed as a coastal cruiser but beachable and should be good up rivers and creeks with my Honda 2.3.

longshot

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 16, 2006
Newfoundland, Canada
hey Nobby

hows the boat? did you get a hand line rigged? did it work and how did you find it. inquiering minds and all that.

managed to get on the water for a couple hours using a hand line for cod, only got 2 and a couple of squid (bait) good times i must say. no pics sadly.

dean

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
Hi Longshot

Thanks for asking.
The boat was good, unfortunately the skipper was less so. I hit a mudbank and sat on it quarter of an hour 'til the tide lifted me off. I was like a kid in a sweetshop. Overawed by everything and forgot that the buoyage works backwards going out! I had 3 days in Poole harbour but only sailed for 30 minutes because the winds were too strong. Spent a lot of time learning new things and didn't get time to fish. Had a good walk in the nature reserve and saw Sitka deer herd up close. Also saw some birds - little egrets and others - that I've never seen before and my 4th Kingfisher.
I'm off to Poole for another 3 days tomorrow. The wind forecast is better and I hope to sail rather than motor. I also want to walk up to Arne and take a look at the tumulus.
Next trip will be in mid October and then I hope to fish.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE