Fishing in the Med...erm south east Scotland

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
My brothers up for a week and in between snorkeling and diving we thought we'd have a fishing/camping trip at my usual location,The weather was amazing hence the thread title,
here's a couple of scenic shots,

DSC00218.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

with not much luck in the fishing well plenty of pollack caught but no keepers and the water looking this inviting,

DSC00116.jpg

my brother decided to jump in for a swim,

DSC00220.jpg

DSC00221.jpg

Weve done plenty of snorkeling in the area but never here defo one for the future its a amazing bay.
This shot was taken looking back at camp at night from the above fishing fishing spot,

DSC00099.jpg

heres a couple of camp shots,

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

they were taken around 9pm ish once the sun had clouded over.

It was a great wee trip just wish we'd caught something we could have eaten,we do have a few other location yet to try.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Very nice Andy

Never seen any bad weather shots down there, a proper little paradise.

Have you rigged up a zip line for getting the gear up and down yet ?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Cheers guy's,,Rich no just the usual hard slog,though fern's head height,but i remained tick free thanks to clothes covered in permethrin,the weather was the best id seen it down there,weve had 5 hours snorkeling in 2 days.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Yes Gaz all now burnt though,still plenty up at the high tide mark though, Liam the water is not to bad at all did a evening snorkel for 2.5 hrs last night only felt chilly the last 3o mins and its actualy quite pleasant to sit with your feet in it to cool down.
Eds if your ever up this way and want any info drop me a pm.
my next main one is late August unfortunately had to cancel my brothers id'ing trip here due to him having to have a shoulder op mid july.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
19th to 22nd its a thurs to sunday, ManchesterBen from the forum is joining me(he's a workmate of my brother and he spent some time there last year)basically fishing,plant id,trying to find as much as we can to supliment our food.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Tony we were using a mix, mackeral,squid,sand eels and dexter lures,could'nt get any live bait other wise we'd have used live ragworm for rass,and peeler crab for bigger fish such as bass.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE