Fishing In Ontario

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Hi There,

I don't really know if this is relavant to bushcraft, but it is us out and about doing stuff as the board says.

This year me and a few buddies went to ontario in Canada, it was a fly out trip in search of Pike and Walleye, i think this was a great little trip and i thought i would share it, i know it is nothing compared with some of the adventurers out there but it was a great wee trip for us.

We left from edinburgh and flew to New York, enroute we passed by Greenland, this might not seem significant but for years i have wanted to go to Greenland fly fishing for Artic Char for years, but haven't been able to find anyone to go with yet (hint hint) as all of my friends are into pike fishing as opposed to fly fishing for char

013-1.jpg

We Tranfered flights to minneapolis where we picked up our wheels

023-1.jpg

Then we drove to Armstrong Station right through america and canada on these huge big roads

072.jpg

We did however get diverted by a few tackle shops, i think we lost around 10 hours in these shops and had to make allot of the time up on the road that we lost

044.jpg

056.jpg

051.jpg

070.jpg

Its understandable when you see the shops how we lost the time, i thought i was going to have a heart attack in cabelas when i seen there gear, anyway we drove along the side of lake superior

062.jpg

Up to Canada where we turned up a back road that went on for 4 hours to Armstrong, we seen loads of bears

093.jpg

And eventually we got to Armstrong where we found our plane

003-2.jpg

CNV00138.jpg

For some crazy reason they let me fly

53johnflyingtocamp.jpg

We got to the camp, which was allot more organised than i thought it would be, we had a cabin to stay in which ended up a saving grace as it was only two weeks after ice off, so there were some days it was just to crazy to go out on the boats

054.jpg

047.jpg

But being crazy we did, a boat got swapped and sank and we were all stranded in the ontario wilderness

075.jpg

We did however all make it back alive and the following day was a great one, we had a world famous shore lunch

CNV00047.jpg

and we visited the Wendel Beckweth cabins, which was out of this world, allot of canoe trips pass this way and would be something i would recomend

CNV00076.jpg

CNV00082.jpg

CNV00065.jpg

CNV00070.jpg

CNV00066.jpg

CNV00074.jpg

It was a great time as we bought some new gear

CNV00097.jpg

Caught fish

99johnwithwalleye.jpg

See some huge fish

125musky3.jpg

Went to gun range on the way home

091.jpg

Popped into more world famous musky shops

CNV00151.jpg

And enjoyed some of the best sunsets i have ever seen

040.jpg

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
LOL the funny thing was i didn't even want to go, i wanted to goto Nambia shark fishing, but the guys swung me round, it was a great trip, we all hade a brilliant time

The beckweth cabins were something else, there is a wee link about the guy below some of the detail in the carving and cabins was unreal, every floor tile was made out of a cross section of wood

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IjstFJ_zETE

http://explore.outdoorsica.com/blog...imi_wendell_beckwiths_center_of_the_universe/

Check the wee video

Del cabelas is huge, i honestly had heart palpitiations when i went in it was sensory overload as mel said, was in Cairo two weeks ago del, some size of a place 18 million folk, wholly molly

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE