Fishing and Bushcraft In Scotland, Lochside

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 21, 2015
Durham
Does anyone else combine the two? I have a couple of questions for any member in Bonnie Scotland, 'Thelandofthemidge'

I am thinking of going to Scotland ( loch Drunkie to be exact) and Fishing the loch with a Spinning rod for Pike :fishing:, and Bushcaft style camp at the same time :camping:... or maybe :hammock:

I have two or 3 questions...

Q1. I will be fishing for Pike, but if I catch a trout, am I allowed to keep it?

Q2. Is there a close season on Pike fishing in Scotland?

Q3. Would I need a License to fish the loch? and How would I obtain one

I'm all ears...:lurk:

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
http://www.fishingtackleshopuk.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&Itemid=90

Enjoy...

ps, have you checked to see what the pike fishing is like in that water..? i would call ahead just to be sure.

Anyway, here a list of places you can obtain a pike permit.?? I've never bought a permit in my life to fish for pike up here. never been asked for one either, though maybe the Trossachs have different rules nowadays since it went all national park on us.
http://www.trossachs.co.uk/fishing-permits.php

Last edited:

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
Does anyone else combine the two? I have a couple of questions for any member in Bonnie Scotland, 'Thelandofthemidge'

I am thinking of going to Scotland ( loch Drunkie to be exact) and Fishing the loch with a Spinning rod for Pike :fishing:, and Bushcaft style camp at the same time :camping:... or maybe :hammock:

I have two or 3 questions...

Q1. I will be fishing for Pike, but if I catch a trout, am I allowed to keep it?

Q2. Is there a close season on Pike fishing in Scotland?

Q3. Would I need a License to fish the loch? and How would I obtain one

I'm all ears...:lurk:

google free fishing in Scotland...

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
If it's pike yer after i could tell you of a few great pike waters...one in Aviemore is pike only...so much pike all the trout and perch have been eaten in fact..also The Caladonian Canal and the Lochs inbetween are full of Monsters, when i say Monsters.10 lbs is a standard catch..I've had a 30lb before, but that's was from a reservoir trout fishery near my home. Pike in the summer is not ideal for the pike, they get stressed and lactic acid builds up in their system, better wintering for pike for the Pikes sake.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE